This remarkable Revival home was built in 1863, entirely in the style of the European classicism. Yet, some foreign explorers have a good reasons to compare the building to an Italian Palazzo from the Renaissance. Its owner was the famous merchant and Revival social figure, Nikola Nedkovich. The forefront of the house is richly decorated Continue reading »
Armenian Apostolic church “Saint Kevork” – It was built in 1828 by Armenian masters from Asia Minor. It is located on 2 Tourist Street, Plovdiv town. There are two chapels near this temple – “Saints Bartholomew and Thaddeus” and “Saint Stefan”.
“Saint Lyudvik ” Catholic Temple – It is situated in the central part of the city, diagonally to the Orthodox Temple of St. Petka, 3 Knyaginya Maria –Luiza Boulevard. The church was built by the famous master from Bratzigovo, Ivan Boyanov, who had combined quite successfully his skills of a revival builder with the requirements Continue reading »
It was designeded and implemented by the Swiss, Lyusien Shevalas, known as a court gardener of the Turkish sultan, Abdul Azis, at the end of XIX-th century. The park is declared a memorial of the park art. The classic fountain of Demetra, the goddess of fertility, has been preserved in the park since its creation. Continue reading »