At the end of the antique age there was an early Christian sanctuary on this place. At first, it was devoted to Severian and Memnos who died for the faith, together with 38 martyrs from Plovdiv. They were killed in the time of the Emperor, Diocletian. It is situated in the Antique Plovdiv, 24 Saborna Continue reading »
The Yellow School – It is called this way because of its coloured forefronts. In fact, this was the first Bulgarian gymnasium. It was founded in Plovdiv in 1868 on the base of the famous eparchian school “St. St. Cyril and Methodius” and it was put in the new building, specially constructed for the purpose. Continue reading »
Armenian Apostolic church “Saint Kevork” – It was built in 1828 by Armenian masters from Asia Minor. It is located on 2 Tourist Street, Plovdiv town. There are two chapels near this temple – “Saints Bartholomew and Thaddeus” and “Saint Stefan”.
Hindliyan`s House – It was built by an unknown master (1835 – 1840)to the taste of the rich merchant and landowner, Stepan Hindliyan. The relationship between this house and its neighbour Balabanov`s house is impressive. It gives an ensemble kinship of the two buildings. The Hindliyan`s House yard joins together some farm buildings, a bathroom Continue reading »