Information about the place:
Cathedral Temple "The Holy Assumption" -Antique Plovdiv, Metropolitan Paisiy Street and 6 Saborna Street. It is a main city temple and parish one for the central part of the town, situated on the north of Dzhumaya Square. In IX - X century there was a church at that place. Its first founder was the noble Byzantine, Amiant. In 1859 it was conducted a liturgy in Bulgarian language for the first time. The church iconostasis was made by gold-plated wood-carving and carries original icons from XIX-th century. It was a work of Bulgarian National Revival masters.