Information about the place:
"Saint Lyudvik " Catholic Temple - It is situated in the central part of the city, diagonally to the Orthodox Temple of St. Petka, 3 Knyaginya Maria –Luiza Boulevard. The church was built by the famous master from Bratzigovo, Ivan Boyanov, who had combined quite successfully his skills of a revival builder with the requirements of the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin. The project of the Italian architect, Alfonso, resembles The Roman three-domed basilicas. Princess Marie Louise of Bourbon, the Bulgarian Royal Princess and wife of Prince Ferdinand was buried in 1899 in this largest Catholic Cathedral of Plovdiv. The church tower of "Saint Lyudvik" was built with funds of Pope Leo III in 1902.