Archeological Underpass - It is a floor decoration of an aristocratic home from the end of the III-rd century. It is known as "Eirene" House because there has been found an image of a woman signed with that name. Having a peristyle plan, the residential building was a typical representative of the rich city house in Philipopolis. The mosaics of the residential building combine pictorial elements from the east and west Roman provinces. They testify to the existence of a local mosaic work shop.
Regatta Venue is a unique sports center in the north-western part of the city. It is the biggest one on the Balkans. The center includes a stadium, a rowing canal, a covered swimming pool, opened and covered tennis courts and athletics track. You can get there by bus №10.
There is a unique architectural and historic ensemble formed round the fortified gate in the course of many centuries. The item is among the significant symbols of Plovdiv. The gate has been existing in this same place since the very old days. Under the level of the cobble-stone street pavement there are bases laid in Roman times, probably in the second century. Nowadays the place exhibits momentous reconstructions made from 12th to 14th century. Above its outdoor arch the vault clearly displays a building style characterized by the enclosing of every stone within pieces of red brick welded together with white mortar-something typical of the Bulgarian building mastery of the second Bulgarian country period. During the Revival and at the beginning of 20th century the gate was subject to new reconstructions aimed at preventing its destruction. North of the fortified entrance lie the foundations of the old fortified wall whose height also undergoes some changes between the 12th and 14th century. This construction is used for the foundation of the big Revival house, belonging to Kuyumdjioglu, whose imposing body inclines over Nisar Kapiya. In the south the fortified wall sinks into the high church yard of St. St. Konstantin and Elena Church. On the outside of the eastern gate is a small picturesque square enclosed between the church fence walls, the façade of Kuyumdjiev’s house and the main façade of the home of Dimitar Georgiadi
The Yellow School - It is called this way because of its coloured forefronts. In fact, this was the first Bulgarian gymnasium. It was founded in Plovdiv in 1868 on the base of the famous eparchian school "St. St. Cyril and Methodius" and it was put in the new building, specially constructed for the purpose. The school was built by the famous master form Bratsigovo, Todor Damov. It is also the only old public building which is used on purpose up to the present. On the east corner of Tsar Ivaylo Street and Todor Samodumov Street there are preserved original inscriptions in Bulgarian and Ottoman-Turkish language. They say that the school was built in 1868 with favour of Sultan Abdul Azis Han.
Alyosha /Bunardzhika Hill/ - It is 234 meters oversea level. The Russian monument is rising on the even part of the hill. It was created in 1881 in honour of the Russian soldiers who died for the Liberation of Bulgaria from the Ottoman Slavery. Aside from it, on the very top of the hill, it is rising an impressive statue, which heigth is 10.5 meters. A wonderful panoramic view to Plovdiv and the Rhodope Mountains opens out from there.
It was designeded and implemented by the Swiss, Lyusien Shevalas, known as a court gardener of the Turkish sultan, Abdul Azis, at the end of XIX-th century. The park is declared a memorial of the park art. The classic fountain of Demetra, the goddess of fertility, has been preserved in the park since its creation. This fountain made by the Italian sculptor, Arnoldo Dzoke , is the only relic, reminder of the first Bulgarian exhibition held in the place of today`s park. Other famous fountains are “The Little Fisherman” and “The Bear”. There are a lot of monuments of Bulgarian spiritual guides, modern sculptural compositions and plastic arts. The pond with the singing fountains is situated inwards the park. In the summer it attracts thousands of guests and citizens of Plovdiv.
Stefan Stambolov Square - The beautiful building of Plovdiv Municipality is situated on that place. In the past there was a residential district here but in the 70-es of XIX century it was demolished. The present square was built in its palce. There is an open scene where festival performances are organized.
Union Square – The Union Monument is located there. It was built in 1885 by the sculptor Velichko Minekov. It is 12 metres high. The figure of a young woman personifies the union of Bulgaria, while the bird, with its wings spread out, symbolizes the people’s efforts to achieve unity and freedom for the two disunited parts of the country, the Bulgarian Principallity and Eastearn Rumelia, in the period between 1878 and 1885.
Roman Stadium - It is located on Dzhumaya Square, Plovdiv. It was built in II century on the model of the Delphic Stadium. It is situated in the natural hollow between Taksim Tepe (Taksim Hill) and Sahat Tepe (Sahat Hill). The slopes were used for disposing the audience`s seats. In antiquity the Roman Stadium seated 30 000 people who watched the gladiator battles and sport matches. Today one can see the northern arc of the stadium with 13 rows of seats, the overarched northern entrance and a part of the track.
Nebettepe (Nebet Hill) –The remains of the ancient Thracian town, Eumolpias, lie here. It has grown up as one of the first city centers in south-east Europe. Basic components that are characteristic for the towns of that time have been found – strong fortified walls that have surrounded sanctuaries and an aristocratic palace. The most ancient part of the fortress is very interesting – a stone construction without solder, consisting of roughly-made surface blocks. Nebettepe covers the north part of the Three-hill Massif. There are preserved remakes of the north fortified wall form the time of Justinian the Great (VI century). The wall has had a constructed “poterna” - a small gate with a secret vaulted exit, which had stairs leading to the hill`s foot and the south bank of Maritsa river. The fortified walls of Nebettepe have been also remade in the Middle Age. The reconstructions during the Second Bulgarian State are very obvious. At that time big water depots were discovered. One of them is very impressive – a rectangular water depot with an arched cover and a capacity of 300 000 liters.