Information about the place:
The Yellow School - It is called this way because of its coloured forefronts. In fact, this was the first Bulgarian gymnasium. It was founded in Plovdiv in 1868 on the base of the famous eparchian school "St. St. Cyril and Methodius" and it was put in the new building, specially constructed for the purpose. The school was built by the famous master form Bratsigovo, Todor Damov. It is also the only old public building which is used on purpose up to the present. On the east corner of Tsar Ivaylo Street and Todor Samodumov Street there are preserved original inscriptions in Bulgarian and Ottoman-Turkish language. They say that the school was built in 1868 with favour of Sultan Abdul Azis Han.