Information about the place:
It was designed by Joseph Shnitter and was built in 1882. It has eight halls, which accommodate a permanent exposition of around 230 pictures, works of famous Bulgarian painters. They reflect the Bulgarian art development from the years after the Revival to the end of XX-th century. There is a special attention to the representatives of Plovdiv art school – Zlatyu Boyadzhiev, Dimitar Kuzmanov, Tsanko Lavrenov, Petko Abadzhiev, Yoan Leviev, Dimitar Kirov, Encho Pironkov, Georgi Bozhilov, etc. The museum fund treasures works of a number of foreign authors. The sight presented here has since been reconstructed.