"Saint Lyudvik " Catholic Temple - It is situated in the central part of the city, diagonally to the Orthodox Temple of St. Petka, 3 Knyaginya Maria –Luiza Boulevard. The church was built by the famous master from Bratzigovo, Ivan Boyanov, who had combined quite successfully his skills of a revival builder with the requirements of the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin. The project of the Italian architect, Alfonso, resembles The Roman three-domed basilicas. Princess Marie Louise of Bourbon, the Bulgarian Royal Princess and wife of Prince Ferdinand was buried in 1899 in this largest Catholic Cathedral of Plovdiv. The church tower of "Saint Lyudvik" was built with funds of Pope Leo III in 1902.
At the end of the antique age there was an early Christian sanctuary on this place. At first, it was devoted to Severian and Memnos who died for the faith, together with 38 martyrs from Plovdiv. They were killed in the time of the Emperor, Diocletian. It is situated in the Antique Plovdiv, 24 Saborna Street. It is a former parish temple. There is a liturgy every Friday. The temple`s feast is on 21-st May, the Day of St. St. Constantine and Helena. Emperor Constantine and his mother, Tzaritza Helena, (IV century) gradually invaded all lands of the Roman empire to the east and west. They completely stopped the prosecution of Christians and protected the building of Christian temples.
Dzhumaya Mosque – It is a central Muslim temple in the city. It was built in the time of sultan Murad II (1421 - 1451) on the place of a destroyed church devoted to Saint Petka Tarnovska. It is one of the oldest Ottoman religious constructions on the Balkans. The building is performed in the so called “cellular construction”, which suggests the influence of the Byzantine Medieval building technique. The hall for prayers measures 33 to 27 meters. The roof contains nine vaults covered with lead. In 1878 a sun-dial was placed on the south-west corner of the forefront. It was endowed by a Russian army officer.
The synagogue in Plovdiv is one of the ancient monuments of the city`s culture. The first evidence dates back from III-th, VI-th century A.D., when Plovdiv was called “Philippopolis”. A colored marbled floor was found with an inscription and a picture of a golden menorah with seven candlesticks on it. The synagogue was built in 1887.
Cathedral Temple "The Holy Assumption" -Antique Plovdiv, Metropolitan Paisiy Street and 6 Saborna Street. It is a main city temple and parish one for the central part of the town, situated on the north of Dzhumaya Square. In IX - X century there was a church at that place. Its first founder was the noble Byzantine, Amiant. In 1859 it was conducted a liturgy in Bulgarian language for the first time. The church iconostasis was made by gold-plated wood-carving and carries original icons from XIX-th century. It was a work of Bulgarian National Revival masters.
Armenian Apostolic church “Saint Kevork” - It was built in 1828 by Armenian masters from Asia Minor. It is located on 2 Tourist Street, Plovdiv town. There are two chapels near this temple – “Saints Bartholomew and Thaddeus” and “Saint Stefan”.